Custom Search

2012-06-12

New tools!

Well I got my first Lie Nielsen tool and it's a router plane!
I also bought a old Stanley #15 Jack plane.
Looks like I got some tuning to do.
There will be an iron upgrade for the Stanley but the IBC plane iron has not arrived yet.
Here are some pics.



The jack and the router plane.


3 work horse plane: Stanley #5 Jack Plane; Stanley #4 Smoothing plane; Chinese wood plane


LN router plane. No wonder LN is so priced in woodworking scene. The quality is excellent. Can't wait to try it out.

I tried out the router plane it works like a charm.
The adjust is very easy and the cutter cuts pine like butter.
The only thing now is to get the narrower blade for rosette channel routing.

This is the woodcraft IBC match pair of chipbreaker and iron. It's a whopping 1cm thick iron! I probably need to file the mouth bigger and adjust the frog back...

No comments: