Custom Search

2011-12-06

Gluing the back struts

Well after scraping the back, I began to glue the back struts.
Before that I had the final check on the curvature of the entire back on the body frame.
Well since the slots are already cut into the lining, I have to fit them correctly to the back.
I marked on the sides where the slots are and transfer the marking to the back.
But to better fit, I glue in the center brace and adjust the marking for the other brace.
Glue in the LB back brace and check the marking for the UB brace and adjust accordingly.
Also I check the center line marking making sure it's in line.

After I glued in the center back brace I discover a mistake...
Guess what?
I forgotten to inlay the back strip!!!
Argh, it's definitely doable now but much easier if the back if flat...
Now I have to test my creativity again on how to solve the problem.

Check the position of the struts

Glued the center back brace

Glue the LB back brace

Glue the UB back brace

Another view with the body :) Almost ready for closing the box

Checking the fit.
The back is displaced slightly to the rear but not too bad fit as there are allowance.
The waist region some parts are jagged, but its OK as those area will be covered by the binding.

The profile of the back struts

No comments: