Custom Search

2021-12-25

Applying finish to the sides (French Polish)


20211225

Merry Christmas! Everyone!



So I continue with the FP of the sides.
The problem is with the holding of the guitar while the sides are being polished.
So I managed to come out with clamping in the vise, using 2 piece of wood as the caul.
It held quite sturdy and allows me to access from one of the sides to the back.
When I polish the other side, I will take out and flip the entire guitar over.
Once this is settled, I began to FP the sides; the process is essentially the same as the back.



Holding the guitar with vise.


FP the sides


Shine started to form


20220101

Happy New Year 2022! Everyone.


Hope this new year will be a great year for everyone.

So I continue to polish the side until satifactory.
Next will be the neck and head.



The shine on the sides are quite ok now.


Ebony binding looks nice under FP


The back finish is really good. Can see the reflection.


Can see the contrast between the polished surface and bare wood (in the sound port)


FInal looks


Final looks

No comments: