Custom Search

2018-08-13

Repair a guitar


20180801
I have a guitar coming in for a bridge repair.
Nothing too out of the ordinary.
But I did noticed that the top has some wavy curve across, but I did not see any damages to the butt area.
So I think the cause of the bridge coming loose is probably due to changes in RH.
Anyway for this bridge repair I use a caul underneath the top and clamp with 3 bridge clamps.
Before applying the glue, I clean the surface with sandpaper.
After that I applied the glue and clamp.



The gap developing at the back of the bridge. The top has a noticeable wavy curve.


Cleaning the surface with sand paper


Apply glue and clamped


Another view


Caul and clamp used


The bridge glued nicely


20180813
The guitar has been strung up for about a week and the bridge still stays strong.
I prepare a new nut for the guitar with a closer string spacing.
The maker has put a pin in the middle of the nut slot which makes the making of the nut a bit more challenging.
So I just make the nut to fit the slot and file the string spacing accordingly.



New nut with closer string spacing.


Guitar all strung up and ready to play.

No comments: