Custom Search

2018-08-21

Jointing the top and back


20180814
I began the build by shooting the various boards: tops and backs.
After making sure that no light passed thru' the joint seam, I proceed to joint the 2 halves of the boards.
I have only 2 sets of jig to clamp the 2 halves so I joint the tops first.



Shooting the back of #10


Back of #10


Shooting the back of #11


Back of #11


Checking the top seam


Jointing the top using my jig. Tightening the rope using a wedge.


20180821
The top is removed from the jointing jig.
Next the back is glued with the same method as the top.
The glue remnants is also removed by scraping from the jointed area on the top.



After removing from the jig


Jointing the back #10, tying the rope.


Inserting the wedge


Jointing the back #11


Scraping the top joint


20180828
After the glued dried and more than 48 hours, the 2 backs are released from their jointing jigs.
Looks great!


#10 back jointed


#11 back jointed

No comments: