Custom Search

2012-10-03

Shop Cleaning

I hadn't found the time to clean up my (work)shop but I guess it's inevitable.
It's more of organising the items so I knew precisely where each item is.
This is also for health reason to clean up the dust.
I found some more tools which was hidden amongst the debris on the floor and some item which I never knew I had.
I saw a can of fine rubbing compound left behind by my late father.
It's kind of funny feeling, when he was still alive, I used to wonder why he kept all sorts of useless things around.
Now that I started to build guitar, those 'useless' things suddenly became useful.
Life is funny isn't it?
Anyway it's great to see the shop organised.
Well 1/2 of it anyway.

After that I decide to build the base for my broken lamp and it works great.
The new base can even be mounted onto the rack.
The metal fitting act as a heat sink for the transformer anyway.
The L-bracket will mount onto the base using 4 T-nuts and threaded screw.
On the lamp end, I drill a hole across the plastic base making sure the screw which is going across the hole will not obstruct the lamp arm movement.
More importantly the hole will not be across any electrical parts.
For the lamp base, I drill 2 holes 18 mm and 12 mm and chisel a slot to join them together.
This will fit the shape of the lamp base protruding ends.
It sat nicely flush with the lamp base.

Sometimes it's refreshing to build other things (jigs etc..) then guitar.
One of the reason is that the time taken to build other things is way shorter than guitar.
So you get to see the result straight away.
Well it's not that guitar building is not fun but it's a long process and sometimes you just need take some refreshing breaks in between in order to build better.
Just my 2 cents of thoughts...



Lots of debris


Cleaning in progress


Tools hang onto the window grill


Gluing up the lamp base.


Lamp base done! It can be mounted onto the rack too.

No comments: