Custom Search

2012-07-13

New Tools

I bought new tools from the webstore Tools From Japan
They include:
A large 64mm Koyama kanna (plane)
A small size kanna
A big and small Z-saw douzuki nokogiri (saw)
A 12mm white steel Ouchi kaku-uchi oire nomi (mortise chisel)

Stuart from ToolsFromJapan is very helpful and his service is excellent.
I strongly recommend him if you intend to purchase Japanese wood working tools.
When I received them I was very excited.
Both the kanna needed some tuning, but after tuning they work like a charm.
I simply adjusted the iron bed in the dai until the iron is able to be very near the mouth edge.
I was able to get the spruce top to be gleaming smooth after the large kanna, regardless of the run-out direction!
Well you really get what you paid for.

Here are some teaser pics of the tools



The new tools which I bought


The koyama plane; it's a basic plane (not premium) but it works like a charm after some tuning. The kanji character scribed on iron means to win.


Ouchi oire nomi


Douzuki saw


The spruce gleaming!


The koyama large kanna in action


The shaving is very very thin!

No comments: