Custom Search

2011-08-13

Making soundhole reinforcement

I use the cut-off from the top to make the sound hole reinforcement.
First of all, I need to joint the 2 pieces together.
I shoot the pieces to join using my Stanley #4.
Then I use the rule to raise the middle and then clamp the side supports, apply the glue, and place in the jig and clamp.

Leave it overnight and removed it from the board.
Unfortunately I didnt place enough wax paper and the spruce glued to the board.
I had pry it open.
There was some splitting but it's ok that part would be cut off

Next I route the outer diameter.
For the inner one I will route after I route the hole in the main top soundboard.

Shooting the spruce

Ready for clamping

I forgot to take pic of the clamping board but it's similar to what I have done previously.

Preparing to route

One side done

Flipped over and route the other side.

Reinforcement cut

On the souondhole.

No comments: