Custom Search

2011-10-12

Trim the side

After the side is bent, I still need to do 2 things:
1) Trim the profile the side to fit the top
2) Cut the excess from the ends
As the top is dropped top (elevated neck) in which the top will curved down into the sides, the side will need to be trimmed to fit the top's curvature.
Well luckily I have made a template and it's matter of copying to the side and trim fit with a block plane.
And that's what I just did.
I also copy the back doming profile the sides too.

Cutting the excess from the ends

The side fits the mould now

Attaching the mould to the solera.

Copying the template to the side

Another view

Trim the side to fit the top. Note that the side is inverted top facing up.
I.e. the left side is now facing up and held on the right mould while I plane it and vice versa

Check the fit of the side to the top.

Both side done. Now my spreader after bought it for several years is put to good use.

No comments: