Custom Search

2021-06-05

Gluing the bridge


20210530
Finally the gluing of the bridge.
I measure the location of the bridge: 651mm at the treble side and 652 at the bass side.
The reference starts from 325 at 12th fret.
My saddle is about 3mm so I have enough saddle to cater for the rest of the compensation.
My nut end is inward by 0.5mm that's why the reference has to be at the 12th fret.

After drilling the locating pin with my 1mm drill bit, I tape the location on the top.
The tape also serves to remove the glue squeezed out.
Then I prepare the clamps.
For this build, I cant insert a bridge clamp as the tornavoz is taller than my usual, so the clamps are blocked.
But no matter I can reach the bridge from behind the end block instead.
Then I heat up my hide and glue the bridge.



Final weight of bridge


Measuring the location of the bridge


Heat up the hide glue


Prepare the gluing setup


Apply the glue


Glued and clamped


Close up of the squeeze out


20210605
The bridge was glued successfully and I managed to string it up.
But without the frets I can only hear the open strings.
I use a moveable fret and manage to get the top end trebles.
To be honest the trebles sounds great while the bass sound ok.
But it is too early to say for sure as the sound will develop further



The bridge glued nicely


Stringing up the guitar


18-hole bridge

No comments: