Custom Search

2018-04-24

Prepare to close box


20180208
I glued the reinforce veneer to the sound port side.
I haven't decided whether to include a sound port for this build or not.
But I can glue-in the backing first.

Next I also glued in the middle back brace.
I just need to glue in the tornavoz and I am all set to close the box.



Glue the veneer backing for the sound port


Apply the clamps


20180302
I also make the tornavoz for the top.
Previously I have already thin the tornavoz wood, so for this session I just heat and bend it.
After that I just use the clamp to hold it in shape.
I have not decide the exact radius yet.



The bent toranvoz


The bending equipment. I use an additional iron to apply heat to both sides of the wood.


20180424
I drilled the sound port and glue on the tornavoz to the top.
The tornavoz was previously bent, I just glue up the tornavoz and glue the tornavoz to the top.
I decided to fit the tornavoz to the size of the soundhole instead of bigger and glued behind the sound hole.
So I trim off the excess tornavoz and glue the tornavoz ends together using the soundhole as clamp.



Glue the tornavoz ends together.


Next I glue the tornavoz to the top.
Surprisingly the tornavoz fitted the sound hole very well with no gaps.
After that I glued some peones lining block to support the tornavoz.



Glued the tornavoz to the top


Glue the lining blocks to support the tornavoz

Next I also drilled the sound port on the sides.
I did not follow my usual design as I wanted a smaller sound port so as not to affect the air mode too much.



Marking the location where to drill the sound port.


Clamp a backing to avoid blowout


Sound port done. Not very nice though...



20180430
I glue the first part of back seam support.
After that I paste my label on the back and signed the label.
To protect it I also coat the reinforcement and label with a thin coat of shellac.



Gluing the back seam reinforcement


Paste the label

No comments: