Custom Search

2017-09-08

Repairing my block plane


20170804
I had dropped my low angle block plane on the ground and the cap screw which holds the cap level broke.
Argh...
Now I need to try find the spare part or it will become a white elephant.



The broken cap lever screw after I dropped the block plane.

20170908
I didnt manage to find any spare part for it.
So I turned to use normal threaded bolts instead.
As it's an imperial threaded screw I had to guess the nearest size.
I measure the width of the thread and it's about less than 5mm.
The nearest imperial thread unit I can find is 3/16"and so I ordered some from eBay.
When the item arrived I cut to length and tried.
Voila it works great!
Now I am back in business.



I replaced it with a normal bolt and it worked perfectly.

No comments: