Custom Search

2016-05-09

Gluing the bridge


20160506
Next is to locate the position of the bridge and drill the alignment holes.
This time round I double check and triple check just to make sure it's correct.
If not I will be force to remove the bridge like in #5 haha
Then I heat up the hide glue and glue the bridge.
The usual bridge clamp cannot be used due to the tornavoz so I just 3 cam-clamps instead.
The top usually is able to support the bridge and I use very little pressure for the clamping so no worries during the clamping.
Next will be to hear how it sound!!!


Locating the position of the bridge


Drilling the alignment holes


Bridge glued.


Apply the clampes


20160509
After the bridge is glued I string it up to see what the resonance is like.
All are within my expectations / prediction.
Though I kind of hope the air resonance will go down a bit more.
But still it's within range.
I temporary use some of my existing nut and saddle (not optimised) and string it up.
I also use my temporary fret to fret the high notes and hear it sounds.
Not bad at all :)
The bass notes are deep but yet controlled.
Definitely have a deeper tone than my #3 but not as deep rumble as #5 (this is due to the bracing).
The treble notes are all very even as expected of the Bouchet bar.



The guitar strung up temporarily


Closer view of the bridge


Back on the bench.

No comments: