Custom Search

2014-09-10

Carving the heel and neck


20140910
I worked on the neck thinning the neck to a comfortable thickness and shape.
I also work on the heel and heel cap.
The heel cap was from a bridge blank which was defective due to cracks.
Using the freshly sharpen chisel definitely feels great.
One thing hard was the heel and neck had different direction of runout.
So carving the heel was difficult.
I roughly carved the heel and finish up using my drum sander attachment
All looks good.



Thicknessing the neck.


Mark the shape of the heel cap


Saw away the excess


Shape with my rebate plane


Done.


Shaping the neck


Marking the back of the head


Shaping the back of the head


Heel carved and shaped


Neck roughly done. All is left is sanding to smooth out the carving marks

No comments: