Custom Search

2014-02-25

Side Project: Repair my broken chair


20130116
As a side project, I replace the broken top of my chair.
It's nothing difficult just cut 2 circle with my jigsaw and glue them together.
After the glued dried, I plane the edges to fit and smoothen the sides.
Finally I applied a PU varnish on the top.
Look pretty good.
I will probably sand the metal legs and repaint it too.

Clamp the 2 ply wood together for the top.


The metal leg for the chair. Noticed the other chair which I am using now also had the legs bent.


The top done.


Getting a coat of PU varnish.


20140225
After 1 year, I finally decided to give the metal leg frame a coat of paint.
Before that I had to sand away the layer of rust building up.
The paint I used is a water based enamel paint so it'll dry faster.
Although I suspect the oil based will be better for metal.
But it doesnt smell at all and that's the main reason for using this.

Meanwhile I took the chance to paint the room door too after 20 years of use.



Ready to be painted


One coat of water based enamel paint


I took the chance to paint the room door too! After 20+ years of use

No comments: