Custom Search

2012-12-10

New Tools!

Well as a guitar maker, we always suffer from 2 syndrome:
ZAS (Zoot Acquisition Syndrome) or WAS (Wood Acquisition Syndrome)
TAS (Tool Acquisition Syndrome)
Well I recently bought more new planes from China.
Amongst them is a 2 footer jointer.
Now my jointing will be even easier than before.
Another prize is the high angle smoother which will greatly reduce the tear-out during planing.

If you think these woodies aren't as good as those western plane then you are very wrong.
The HSS iron last longer than the western A2 equivalent.
I have several A2 irons: those on my Stanley #4 block etc.
It's more like the M4 iron.
Also the woodies are much lighter and more handy to use.
Now I only use the Stanley for shooting.



All my plane collection!


Convex and Concave round bottom plane


Rabbet plane with fence


Plough plane


2 footer jointer. Equivalent to a Stanley #8 Jointer


High bed angle smoother


Spoke shave


Comparison between a normal bed angle and a high bed angle smoother.

2 comments:

Michael J King said...

What online shop in china can we get wooden planes like these?

Sen Goh said...

I got it from www.taobao.com the equivalent of e-bay in China but it's in Chinese and they don't ship overseas.
So you will need a forwarder agent to help you ship out of China.